Teacher Training Program
Currently paused for COVID
200 Hour Joyful Yoga
Join Joy Nicholson on the journey of a lifetime. The 13th Annual Joyful Yoga Teacher Training Program which starts January 2021. *The deadline to apply is November 30th. Find your internal wisdom and evolve deeper into your personal yoga life and beyond. Whether it is your intent to teach or simply deepen your existing practice the Joyful Yoga Teacher Training
Program will explore the many facets of yoga. This program will emphasize a well balanced approach to yoga- enhancing the physical, mental & emotional components of our being.
You will be safely encouraged, respected and inspired to find your own voice as teacher and student of yoga. This Certification program is a 200 hour Vinyasa/ Interdisciplinary Teacher Training and will provide you with a solid foundation of knowledge, information & inspiration. This is an accredited CYA registered program. Graduates from the program register with Canadian Yoga Alliance as CYA-RYT's and as registered teachers, receive discounted insurance for teaching in Canada as professional yoga teachers.
Sessions will be based on:
- the physical asanas (postures)
- breathing (pranayama)
- Yogic history & philosophy
- anatomy- both eastern & western- physiology, kinesiology, chakras, bandhas
- teaching techniques & communication
- modifications, assists & teaching specialized populations
- exploring the different styles of yoga
- Guest speakers & teachers in various avenues of expertise
- yogic lifestyle & ethics
- individual, partner & group work
- deepening your personal experience on the mat
- the career of yoga
- finding your own authentic voice as a teacher
- practice teaching to your peers, friends & eventually the public
You will be required to attend all sessions, or make up work.
There will be a home study component including:
- & practice teaching
All questions, or for an application, contact Joy directly by calling 902-956-2166 or by email at email@example.com
Classes will take place Tuesday evenings 6 - 9:30 pm & one or two Saturdays a month 9 am - 4 pm
1. Early Bird Price- $3277.50 Total (tax in) paid by Cash, Cheque or Credit Card due by July 31st.
2. Regular Rate- $3461.50 Total (tax in). $500 deposit due August 31st with remainder due at first class.
3. Payment Plan Option- $3700 Total (tax in). $500 deposit due August 31t. $400/ month October to May.
This price includes:
- All instruction (Unlimited yoga classes during training)
- Joyful Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- 2 yoga reference books
- Guest presenters
- Studio classes
- Payment plans are available
A maximum of 8 participants will ensure the quality of this program.